David Branson is a Senior Executive Advisor at Strategy& Germany, PwC’s strategy consulting business. Based in the Munich office, he is part of the energy, utilities and resources team, and advises clients in Europe and the Middle East.
David has over 30 years of experience in oil and gas operations as well as in consulting, and specializes in strategy development and implementation, operating model design, planning and performance management. He works with international and national oil and gas companies, oilfield service and equipment companies.
In addition to his client work, David has authored multiple studies, including:
- The outlook for gas in the GCC: Implementing commercial principles, reaping economic benefits
- Maximizing the value of every molecule: A new approach to optimizing national oil company value chains
- Rethinking oil-field partnerships in Saudi Arabia: Changing roles for the new era
- Sail, not rail: Dynamic, capabilities-driven strategies for oil and gas companies
- Rediscovering the art of exploration: Practical steps to high performance exploration
Prior to Strategy&, he held executive positions at one of Europe's leading independent gas and oil producers, and in a major international oil and energy company.
David holds a B.A. in Geography from the University of Cambridge as well as a M.Sc. in Geophysics from the Imperial College in London.