Andreas Späne is a leading practitioner in digital strategies for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Frankfurt. He focuses on companies in the retail, consumer goods and telecommunications sectors.
As a member of our Technology Strategy practice, he specializes in digitization strategy and capability building (e.g. multi-channel strategies), strategic transformation and restructuring programs (incl. PMI, cost transformation and outsourcing, turn-around, shared services) as well as in project management of complex and large scale IT and programs (ERP, Billing / CRM, Data Center Consolidation).
His recent client work includes:
- Managing the digital transformation of a global retail group from an offline company into a truly integrated online / multi-channel company, based on a complete renewal of its legacy IT and process landscape
- Leading the digital strategy and transformation work for a European telecommunications provider
- Leading the post-merger integration (PMI) of two mobile telecommunications companies in Europe, including the design and implementation management of new organization, as well as operating model and systems architecture focused on billing/CRM & ERP
- Managing the turn-around of a global high-tech company from vision and strategy development for all functions to turn-around execution (including international ERP transformation)
- Leading the development and implementation of a multi-channel sales & services strategy for a European travel company
- Setting up a Shared IT Operations Unit for a global mobile telecommunications company including strategy and business case development, as well as the migration management of six data centers into on
Prior to joining Strategy& in 2001, Andreas Späne worked as a Systems Manager with Procter & Gamble. He holds a master’s in business administration and industrial engineering, with a specialization in computer science/operations research, from the University of Karlsruhe.