Ben Cheung is a Director based in Melbourne. He has 10 years consulting experience, and focuses primarily on the telecoms industry with clients spanning Australia, Asia and the Middle East.
Ben has significant functional expertise in:
- Growth strategies
- Large scale transformation
- Operating model design
- Strategy-led large scale cost reductions and efficiency improvement
- Technology procurement
Some of Ben's recent client assignments include:
- Developing structural options for a telco to improve its market position and increase value
- Developing an operating model for one of the largest Asian banks with presence across South East Asia
- Identifying growth opportunities in Asia for an Asia Pacific based telco
- Procuring an electronic payments gateway for the Ministry of Finance of a South East Asian country
- Improving the efficiency of the billing function in a Telco
Prior to joining Strategy& Ben worked for a global telecommunications vendor designing mobile telecommunication networks.
Ben holds a BEng (with Honours) in Electrical Engineering and BSc in Physics, both from the University of Melbourne and an MBA from Melbourne Business School.