Dr. Germar Schröder
Dr. Germar Schröder is an advisor to executives in the telecommunications industry for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Frankfurt. As a member of our Technology Strategy practice, his main focus is on telecom and ICT providers in Europe and worldwide.
His key areas of expertise include:
- Fit for Growth* with a focus on IT, e.g.
- IT transformation
- IT architecture o Infrastructure efficiency and cloud
- Digitization with a focus on
- B2B growth
- Cloud business models
- Finance/business steering and corresponding IT support (MIS, ERP)
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- Fit for Growth IT transformation of a leading telecom company
- New operating model for a major IT Service Provider
- Turnaround of IT migration and outsourcing of a leading telecom company
- B2B strategy for a leading telecom and ICT provider
- Sales push for a major European ICT provider
- New cloud business model for a leading telecom company
- Digital architecture development for a leading German DAX client
- Business steering model and implementation for a major telecom company
His recent publications include:
- “Cloud economics,” in: “Practical Handbook to Legal Aspects of Cloud,” de Gruyter
- “ICT50: The Supply side of Digitization” in strategy+business magazine
Germar Schröder holds a diploma and a PhD in physics from the Albert-Einstein-Institute Potsdam and University of Hamburg.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.