Jörg Krings is an advisor to executives in the automotive and finance industries for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Munich. He heads Strategy&’s business efforts in the automotive manufacturing, supplier, and captive finance industries.
His areas of expertise include:
- Turnaround and profit improvement programs for automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and supplier and industrial companies
- Captive finance and customer-facing processes
- Large-scale restructuring and change management programs
- Private equity/M&A
Examples of some of his engagements for Strategy& include:
- Program and change management services for a 30-month turnaround of a European automotive manufacturer, addressing all aspects of business ranging from product development, sourcing, and manufacturing to sales and after-sales; delivered improvements of more than $1 billion in the first year
- Multiple M&A deals in the automotive, industrial, and services industries valued at over $10 billion
- Support of OEMs during restructuring and state aid processes in Europe
- Management of a post-merger integration project for a U.S. automotive manufacturer and its captive operations with a focus on the integration and harmonization of customer-facing improvements
- Growth strategies for logistics and express companies in Europe
- Turnaround efforts for a European automotive supplier, focusing on technology and product portfolio consolidation as well as in-plant improvements
- Development and implementation of a fleet sales force and fleet management organization for European and Japanese vehicle manufacturers
- Development of pre-acquisition and valuation studies in the automotive supplier and aero-engines industries with an emphasis on market and technological trends
- Development and implementation of a global aftermarket strategy for the spare parts division of a large European automotive supplier
Jörg Krings has co-authored numerous industry-related articles, including the strategy+business article, "Strategic Due Diligence: A Foundation for M&A Success."
He holds degrees equivalent to an MBA and an M.S. in computer science from European Business School Oestrich-Winkel.