Dr. Michael Wagner
Dr. Michael Wagner is an advisor to executives in the Industrials and Technology sectors for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Munich. He is advising clients in industrial manufacturing and services, advanced technologies and solutions, metals, machinery and logistics.
Michael Wagner is the EMEA leader of Strategy&’s Transformation Platform Fit for Growth*. He is working with companies globally to help them strengthen their capabilities, transform their cost structure and align their organization to achieve fundamental performance improvements and unlock profitable growth. Further expertise includes operating model design and implementation, functional excellence, and helping companies align strategy and execution to scale innovative business models and build next generation capabilities.
Some of his recent client work includes:
- Strategy-based transformation of a leading technology firm
- Operating model design and implementation to succeed in new business segments
- Performance improvement program in SG&A and Operations for industrial firm
- Restructuring and cross-functional profitability improvement in metals
- Organization design of a lean strategic management holding for high-tech firm
- Capability-driven growth strategy, portfolio and digital business transformation
- Group-wide governance and efficiency optimization for industrials conglomerate
- Capability assessment, driving digitization and functional excellence
Dr. Michael Wagner joined Strategy& in 2004.
He holds a diploma degree in Industrial Engineering from University of Karlsruhe (KIT), an MBA from Portland State University and a PhD in Business Administration from Institute of Management of University of Karlsruhe (KIT).