Prof. Dr. Rainer Bernnat
Dr. Rainer Bernnat is a leading practitioner in IT strategies for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Frankfurt. He leads the European IT business and the German Public Sector business. He also supports clients with his expertise in restructuring and transformation in the financial services industry and in cross-industry, large-scale software development projects.
His key functional skills include:
- IT strategy, architectures, and organization/governance
- Large-scale IT-driven transformation programs, such as eGovernment implementation projects
- IT-security strategies, such as electronic and cyber security or critical infrastructure protection strategies
Examples of his assignments include:
- IT-driven transformation program for a German Pension Agency (process-redesign, organizational change, IT modernization program)
- Long-term impact analysis of IT and innovation for the German National Pension Agency
- Cost-benefit analysis for the introduction of the electronic healthcard in Germany
- Concept, design and business case development for the German eGovernment program “BundOnline 2005”
- Concept, design and implementation support for multiple international eGovernment programs, e.g. in the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar
- Developing a foreign trade strategy with an emphasis on IT security for Germany’s Federal Ministry of Economy
- Development of a critical infrastructure protection strategies for the German Government with focus on IT impact
- Providing RFID market analysis and segment-specific business case development for several segments of a multinational technology corporation, including public sector, health, and transportation
- Formulating an IT security market entry strategy for the integrated solution portfolio of a multinational technology corporation
- Developing concepts and master plans for e-education strategies for the governments of two Middle Eastern countries
- Developing an institution-wide controlling and budgeting strategy and implementation concept for a leading bank in Germany
- Creating IT strategy and architecture projects for global and regional financial institutions in retail, wholesale, and insurance
Rainer Bernnat is a member of the executive board of the German Initiative D21—a joint venture of leading enterprises chaired by Germany’s Chancellor—which promotes the German information society. He is also vice president of Special Olympics, Germany. Before joining Strategy&, he worked with IBM in sales, marketing, and management positions.
Rainer Bernnat received his PhD in business administration from J.W. Goethe University Frankfurt. He received his diploma degree in business administration after his studies at the Universities of Frankfurt and Pamplona.