Stefan Eikelmann is a leading practitioner in transformation programs for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is a Partner at Strategy& Germany, based in Düsseldorf. He supports international clients in communications, media, and technology sectors, as well as consumer and retail.
In 2005, Stefan Eikelmann and his team were honored with Strategy& most prestigious recognition — the Professional Excellence Award — for their outstanding client service on a global transformation assignment for a telecom operator.
He specializes in strategy-based transformation programs, specifically operating models and post- merger integration, across multiple industries.
He has led or managed a wide range of engagements, including:
- Concept, design, and implementation of a large-scale business transformation and integration program, including definition and implementation of operating models, for a leading global mobile operator
- Design, detailed planning, and delivery of a large-scale post-acquisition value creation program (PMI), including organizational redesign, for a major international mobile telecommunications operator
- Design, detailed planning, and delivery of a post-merger value creation program (PMI) for an international media and telecom conglomerate
- Design and opportunity analysis of a large-scale IT transformation program (billing, customer relationship management [CRM], data warehouse, and enterprise resource planning [ERP] applications) for a global telecom operator
- Development of a portal growth strategy for a large international media and Internet player
- Synergy assessments for cross-country consolidation in the information and communications technology (ICT) sector, including due diligence, pre-merger assessments, and merger planning
- Extensive scenario analysis and war-gaming on the impact of mobile data and mobile Internet protocol (IP) on the communications industry
A recognized thought leader, he leads Strategy&'s intellectual capital task forces on post-merger integration, outsourcing in the IT and telecom industry, and multi-channel eBusiness. Articles he has authored or co-authored have appeared in international publications, and he is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and fireside events. His co-authored Strategy& perspectives include "Shoppers on the go: Winning strategies in mobile commerce."
Prior to joining Strategy&, he worked for a German trade company in Buenos Aires, where he established a subsidiary, and was involved in sales and strategic planning in Germany, Great Britain, Argentina, and Uruguay.
Stefan Eikelmann received a degree with distinction from the European Business School in Germany.