Dr. Yahya Anouti
Dr. Yahya Anouti is a Partner with Strategy& and a member of the firm’s Energy, Chemicals, and Utilities practice in the Middle East.
He specializes in resource-based sustainable development and energy-related strategies and he supports governments, national oil companies, international oil companies, and utility companies across the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the United States, and Asia.
In addition to his client work, Yahya has authored multiple studies with Strategy&, including:
- Putting GCC cities in the loop: Sustainable growth in a circular economy
- Beyond bricks: Building a high impact research ecosystem in the GCC
- Three biases that impede local content development: Seeing through the illusions
- The outlook for renewable energy in the GCC: Mostly sunny with a chance of rain
- Rethinking oil-field partnerships in Saudi Arabia: Changing roles for the new era
- From technology adopters to innovators: How R&D can catalyze innovation in Middle East national oil companies
- Securing the future of natural gas in the GCC: Time for sustainable price reforms
Yahya is co-author, with The World Bank, of Local Content Policies in the Oil and Gas Sector. He is a board member of the Ideation Center, a Strategy& think tank in the Middle East, and a member of the advisory board of the Energy & Earth Resource program at the University of Texas at Austin.
Prior to Strategy&, Yahya worked with the energy and extractives practice of the World Bank in Washington D.C. and the sustainable development department of the United Nations in New York.
Yahya is a Fulbright fellow who holds a Ph.D. in energy and environmental economics from the Colorado School of Mines, a master’s degree in energy and earth resources from the University of Texas at Austin, and a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the Lebanese American University in Lebanon.